Welcome to March, 2020 JV TOP 40
1)Grethe og Jørgen Ingmann - Sommervind
38)Sharks Jab It In Your Eye
39)George Thorogood Maverick
I Drink Alone
Willie and the Hand Jive
What a Price
Crawling King Snake
Woman With the Blues
Let's Go Go Go
Ballad of Maverick, The
- Producers: Terry Manning, The Delaware Destroyers.
- Recorded at Dimension Sound, Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts in July 1984.
- Personnel: Hank Carter (saxophone); Jeff Simon (drums).
- Audio Mixer: Terry Manning.
- Liner Note Author: John Tobler.
- Recording information: Dimension Sound, Jamaica Plain, MA (07/1984).
- Photographers: David Gahr; Caroline Greyshock.
- George Thorogood is forever consistent and Maverick is more of the blues/rock driving sound the journeyman guitarist is known for. John Lee Hooker's "Crawling King Snake" is what you expect from this crew while "Memphis, Tennessee" bursts at the seams with George's trademark slide and Hank Carter's saxophone. Recorded at the legendary Dimension Sound Studio in July of 1984 on the outskirts of Boston, the earthy sound catches all the band's primal energy from opener "Gear Jammer" to the wailing sax of "Long Gone." There are only four originals from Thorogood, the album chock full of Johnny Otis, Chuck Berry, Carl Perkins, John Lee Hooker and others. It is territory that the group has covered on pretty much every previous record, but it's done with the artistic passion that makes it real. The vocal on "What a Price" full of torment, it's a nice contrast to the rocking numbers. ~ Joe Viglione
LIFE IN BINARY